Environmental approvals (EAs, WULs, WMLs etc.) granted by environmental Departments require the applicant to appoint a suitably qualified independent ECO to monitor and report on the implementation of the project environmental requirements.
The following Independent ECO services are provided by EP3 in line with the approval requirements:
- Environmental awareness training;
- Periodic (weekly, bi-weekly or monthly) site inspections;
- Periodic (weekly, bi-weekly or monthly) ECO reports detailing the level of compliance achieved in terms of the project EMPr and EA/WUL/WML. Reports document shortcomings and provide suitable recommendation measures to move towards improved compliance; and
- Attendance of construction progress meetings to allow for the ECO to form part of the construction team to ensure proactive environmental management.
Key Project references:
- Jabulani CBD Mixed use development;
- Fleurhof Integrated Housing development; and
- La Vie Nouvelle Retirement and Wellness Village.